Box Car Rules
(1) Find a cardboard box with minimum
dimensions 29 inches (length) x 12 inches (width) x 19
inches (height). A box with clean sides works the best, but use a box that
best fits your child.
(2) Tape the flaps shut on the top and bottom - it is optimal to remove the bottom flaps if you wish
(3) Cut a hope in the top and the bottom of the box if needed so the box will fit down over your childs body
(4) Mount or cut out handles or attachs straps to fit over the shoulders to 'carry' your car
(5) Colour, paint, or spray the entire exterior of your box and decorate it to resemble your favorite drivers car
(6) The Kids Club Sponsor name must be on the box car somewhere
(7) Use paper plated for wheels and attach them using glue or thumbtacks
(8) Avoid attachments on your car that will make it too heavy and hard to run with
(9) Racers must wear running shoes that either tie or have velcro straps
(10) Wear socks that slide on and off, easily
RACERS WILL BE DIVIDED INTO
Mini Stock ............ Ages 2 to 6
Mod Lites .................. Ages 7 to 9
Modifieds Ages ................ 0 to 12
The race will take place on the front stretch.
The start and finish lines will be marked by orange cones.
There will be a pit stop in the middle of each race.
Rules for the Pit Stop At the Pit Stop, the racers stop and remove their boxcars.
They sit on the carpet squares in front of their parent or other adult helpers.
The adult quickly removes the child’s shoes and socks.
ONLY ONE PAIR OF SOCKS WILL BE PERMITTED TO BE WORN.
The adult then quickly replaces their socks and shoes, securing them properly. This is the pit stop.
They then stand, put their boxcars back on, and run to the finish line.
First one to the finish line wins!
Trophies will be presented to each divisional winner.