Driver Meeting moves Hoosier Stock
Division forward into
48 hours after Merrittville Speedway celebrated the 2013 season with the Club Castropignano Awards Banquet, a Hoosier Stock Driver Meeting was held November 4th at the Speedway’s Winter Home – Bicknell Racing Products in St. Catharines.
“Although the racing this season was second to none in the Hoosier Stocks,” (Merrittville co-owner) Randy Williamson relayed, “ there are a lot of metric cars sitting …. we need to build the car count and hopefully this is the first step in bringing back a full field.”
In an effort to bring Southern Ontario facilities together, Williamson was joined by Co-owner Pete Bicknell, General Manager Erica Bicknell-Jones and Technical Inspector Dave Sim. Ohsweken Speedway Technical Inspector Glen Hils and Clint Geoffrey representing Humberstone Speedway were in attendance.
Highlights of the open forum with much input from the Hoosier
Stock drivers and teams included:
- A rear safety bar under the fuel cell is optional
- Shock extenders will be allowed however the maximum cost of each shock must not exceed $100.00.
Shocks must be stock style mounting
- Wedge Bolts are now allowed in the Rear ONLY for Metric Cars
- Firewalls can be replaced or patched with steel but must be in stock location for vehicle
- Rear Spoilers with a maximum 5” high blade are allowed and can be made of either lexan or aluminum
with maximum 3 rear supports for strength
- Rear Control Arms can be fabricated and must be located +/- 1 inch of stock location
- All body materials must be steel with the following exceptions - front fenders, rear fenders, doors and trunk -
(with minimum 40 thousands of an inch aluminum). All body panels must retain Stock measurements and
- ALL INTERIOR, FIREWALL, ROOF AND HOOD MUST BE STEEL
- Camaro Cars must weigh a minimum of 3200 lbs with Metric Cars weighing 3000 lbs. minimum.
Merrittville Speedway will conduct minor repairs to GM 602 Crate Engines in addition to sealing. If a Race Team submits a new in the crate engine to be sealed – they will be presented one that has already been sealed as a direct exchange. It is recommended to purchase new Crate Engines from Pete’s Automotive and current pricing will be matched.
At Merrittville Speedway - competitor engine claiming is encouraged. A competitor racing in the same feature and finishing on the lead lap may claim a competitors engine for $4,000.00 which includes taxes. Any Claim must be submitted to Tech Inspector in writing within 10 minutes of Feature finish. Merrittville Speedway Officials will inspect engine for legality and remove parts that are not included on a new crate engine.
Merrittville, Ohsweken and Humberstone Speedways agreed to enter into future discussions into possible Special and/or Series Events to encourage Race Teams to support other facilities.
Merrittville Speedway’s 2014 Hoosier Stock Rules will soon be available at www.merrittvillespeedway.com or from the Winter Office located in Bicknell Racing Products, 117 Cushman Road in St. Catharines Ontario. During Business Hours, call 905-685-7223 or via E Mail – firstname.lastname@example.org.
For all the news leading up to Merrittville Speedway’s 63rd Consecutive Season in 2014 – visit www.merrittvillespeedway.com. Race fans and Race teams alike can follow Merrittville on Face Book (Facebook.com/Merrittville Speedway) and Twitter (Twitter.com/Merrittville).